Job ID: 01-009
Database Administrator (m/f)
We are we looking for:
- You are responsible for ensuring the continuity and development of the trouble-free operation and high availability of our DB2, MS SQL, Oracle, and PostgreSQL databases.
- You are responsible for the integration of new databases into the existing system environment.
- You are responsible for the database conception, backup and recovery strategy, also for performance monitoring and tuning including patch management.
- With your proactive actions, you can counter system bottlenecks at an early stage.
- You can use common tools for performance and trend analysis.
- To support the dynamic growth of our company on the part of IT you are strongly involved in projects with changing thematic priorities, whereby you work closely with other areas and take on project management tasks.
- Completed study of computer science or a comparable education with several years of experience in the administration of databases based on Linux and Windows Server.
- Good knowledge of SQL, as well as at least one common DBMS, such as Oracle, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server or DB2.
- The ability to create technical documentation.
- First experiences in “Automic” are desirable.
- The willingness to take on a regular call readiness.
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language such as shell script, ruby, or python.
- English language skills in speaking and writing
- German language B2 or minimum B1 level
Type of employment